Senin, 28 Maret 2011

Final Results of Sewing Class - Scrap-bags™ Braided Bucket Bag - purse pattern.

Saturday, I taught a class for my Braided Bucket Bag pattern. Below are the results and comments from the students. I thought they did an awesome job! Great results.  We started at 10:30 am and were finished by 4:00 p.m. with a 45 minute lunch break.  (There is a new class scheduled for April 16, 2011 if you are interested)


This is Roxanne's Bag
Here's what Roxanne said: "I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to participate in one of Jamie's classes or try her patterns, to do so.  This was not my first time sewing one of her bags, but even more fun than the last one. We had a great time and the day just flew by. I left with a completed project, which doesn't happen too often for me.  My daughter Katie even stopped in for a while to meet Jamie, she was just as inspired as I was, and almost took my bag back to college with her, but I had to promise her we would do a larger version for her to use at school for her books and lap top. Keep up the good work Jamie, you are an inspiration to all of us!  P.S. LOVE all the pockets, as I am somewhat of a gadget girl, I will fill them all."

Left - Sarah, Facing- Annette, Right - Sue, Roxanne has her back to the camera.


This is Annette's Bag
Annette wrote:
"Jamie,  I just love your patterns!  I've done other purse patterns where I was sooo confused & ended up re-writing the directions so I could understand them, but your patterns are extremely easy to read & follow. Thank you for inviting me to your home to do this purse - I just LOVE it & will definitely be making more.  This is truely something that can be done in a 'day.'  I was so excited that I actually got something completed..  No more UFO's with your projects.  Keep on writing your patterns & I'll keep buying them....  Thank you again. :-)"

This is Sarah's Bag.
Here's what Sarah said:
Jamie,
I'm not a blogger...  (I think I need a class...)  but I wanted to let you know how much fun I had today learning how to make your bag!  When I saw the pattern, I thought that there was no way we'd get it done in a day, but I came home with a completed project!  It was soooo much easier than I thought!  I love your patterns!  And, I love my bag!  I will be making several more to give as gifts. 

: ) 
Thanks you for your inspiration... 
 Sarah 
  


This is Sue's Bag. As you can see it's not quite finished, we did an experiment with this bag, using DOUBLE THE BATTING that is called for in the pattern, here's what Sue said about it.
Jamie:

"Thank You" for the class, and lunch.... You make everyone feel so comfortable and welcome.

I would not suggest using the thicker batting.  Could complete the seams with my zipper foot, but it was just too bulky..while I'm taking the too thick bag apart to re-do, I made another with a few modifications, just to see if I could.....(pic below)......A little larger, longer thinner handle, zippered pocket on the inside, hidden side seams and just two pockets on the outside under the center of the handle. Because I was to lazy to piece the handle.

Thanks again.....

SueL
Sue hard at it . . .




Annette in complete concentration.
This  Braided Bucket Bag Scrap-bags™ sewing pattern is available as a download at The Scrap-bags Shop. 

Or look for it in your local independent fabric or quilt shop! If you can't find it at your local shop, you can also, purchase a mailable pattern at the Scrap-bags Shop.


"Let my patterns be the canvas for your creativity and create something unexpected . . ." Jamie Kalvestran