Rabu, 20 April 2011

Seeking Color Inspiration Ideas? Try a Treasury Board

I have found an interesting source for color inspiration and I thought I'd share it with you.

You may or may not be familiar with Etsy. Etsy is a crafter's online community where you can sell or purchase homemade and vintage items. They have something they call Treasury Lists. Here is a link to some of my treasuries.  Below is an example of one of my Treasury Boards. Many of the boards you find on Etsy are based on colors and trust me there are some beautiful ones out there.


 

As I mentioned in previous posts - you can pull colors from the imagery to create a color palette that is pleasing to you.

Below is a board that I put together to see how the color palette I choose has been used in products on the market.




Yes, the bag above is the Braided Bucket Bag. Sewn by Debra Rajek. I think she did a fabulous job on it. Debra your color/fabric choices are right on trend! Close ups of Debra's fabrics are below.






"Let my patterns be the canvas for your creativity!" "Create something unexpected . . ." Jamie Kalvestran