Sabtu, 26 Februari 2011

Moose and Fish, Yin-Yang, Fat-Quarter aka Tri-Fold

Yin-Yang Scrap-bag Pattern with fussy cut Moose.
What a cryptic title, unless you are intimately familiar with my line of sewing patterns.  Fyi, Moose and Fish are the theme, the rest are pattern titles.

Most of my quilt shop customers order from my distributors. Because of this I don't even know who they are, so it's not easy to be familiar with them. And I doubt that they are intimately familiar with my entire product line, since most distributors carry only part of my line up. I am extremely grateful my distributors exist as well as the customers that buy from them. It's just that it's really nice to know your customers personally.

When I was traveling shop to shop I got to know many of my shop owner customers - it was a great time. While I have currently curtailed the road trips for the time being, I still love to hear from and connect with my customers. When a shop calls to place their order I get to know a little about them, their shop and sometimes their customers.

Here's an example. A few days ago I received a phone call from a shop in Alaska. We chatted about the fish artwork (walleyes) that I've been doing. She was wondering how we could get that fish artwork onto fabric and into a sample? That lead to conversations about printing on fabric with inkjet printers plus . . . elk, deer and moose. She put in a request that I do some moose next.  You've maybe heard the saying "put a bird on it" regarding the bird trend that is still going on in product design. Well, she says, "Anything with a moose on it"! Before the conversation was over I was sending her a trunk show with a pattern order to match! This prompted me to do something I don't usually do. I went shopping for moose and fish fabrics then promptly sewed these samples for her to use along with the trunk show.




Yin-Yang Scrap-bag Pattern with fussy cut canoe and cabin.



So, if you are a customer of mine, either wholesale or retail. I'd love to hear from you. You can contact me via email, facebook , comment on my blog(s), or give me a call. 763-360-7175.

The samples above are the Yin-Yang Scrap-bag Pattern - with the moose and canoe. And the Fat-Quarter Scrap-bag pattern (printed version) aka Tri-Fold Clutch (Downloadable version).

These patterns can be found at your local independent quilt and fabric shop.
If you can not find the patterns locally you can find them online in mailable or downloadable versions.

And because I know some of you will be asking, the fabrics are as follows:
Moose & Canoe - by Howard Robinson for Elizabeth's Studio Patt:F1267
Brown Stripe - Remember Me by Jill Kemp for Red Rooster Fabrics - #15288
Fish - Timeless Treasures Fabrics Inc Pattern # Cabin-C 5375

Enjoy!

I will look forward to connecting with you!  Jamie